Saturday, August 10, 2013

Photo-A-Day Challenge: Day #9: 2:00

At 2:00 in our house on Friday, August 9th, the following were happening:
  • Sleeping
  • Reading
  • Cooking
And that's often times par for the course at 2:00. I love to cook and I love rest time (for the girls, not myself). We continue to have a daily "quiet time", which for the past few weeks has consisted of Elise reading book after book after book... and Abby sleeping. Proof in the pictures:


Today, the recipe at hand was for a fruit and quinoa salad to be served alongside homemade pizza. We had an excellent Friday night dinner date at home with Erika and Mila - not only were they awesome company and playmates, but Erika brought her mighty Vitamix blender and concocted ah-mazing margaritas. As I type, there are four tabs open in my internet browser, comparing different models and prices because the Vitamix will soon be mine. But back to the dinner date... it is such a gift to have good friends. Consider this my shout-out to my friends. You all have a very special place in my world - each of your places are very different and meet my needs in drastically differing ways. And that is awesome. Last night was one of those evenings that was so enjoyable and easy. Thanks for the margaritas - I look forward to many more dinner dates just like that one, but with 4 adults instead of 3. 

Fruit and Quinoa Salad
  • 1 C organic red quinoa - bring quinoa to a boil in 2 cups of water; cover and simmer for 15 minutes; drain any remaining water and let quinoa cool to room temperature
  • Juice of 1 large organic lime
  • 3 T local honey
  • 1 1/2 T finely chopped fresh mint (from our garden!)
  • Organic fruit: strawberries, blueberries, mango
    • Toss cooled quinoa with lime/honey/mint dressing; add 2-3 C total fruit of your choice

No comments:

Post a Comment