Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Photo-A-Day Challenge: Day #13: Fast


Fast. They grow up too. damn. fast. My shoes, my dress... my babies???? It really happens fast. I'll be honest - on more than one occasion, I've dreaded the girls turning into 7 or 8 year olds. The thought of pre-teens has made me shudder. How do you make all right with their world when they are too old to just pull into your lap, read a book, and quickly watch the worry disappear??? What happens when a popsicle isn't a cure-all??? And for crying out loud, how do you carry on when they ask to go "swimming" instead of "schwimming"???? The moment captured in this picture, while I'm 100% not ready for it, made me feel a flutter of excitement for the relationship yet to come between the girls and me. It does happen fast, but we're doing our best to enjoy, and remember, the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment