Friday, August 16, 2013

Photo-A-Day Challenge: Day #16: Cooking


Making popsicles is hardly "cooking", I know. But it took place in the kitchen today and it was edible. Sounds like cooking, right? We LOVE our Zoku popsicle maker. Great Grandma gave it to the girls for their third birthday and it is still rocking our freezer. Truth: we've had a popsicle for an afternoon snack everyday this week. I thought I'd share a few of our flavors - each time, I toss the ingredients into the blender (well, into the tiny smoothie cup attachment that goes with our blender. the glass jar is cracked and 3 or so of the speeds are broken. BUT... today I treated myself and, depending on processing and shipping, should have my new VITAMIX BLENDER at this time next week, not that I'm excited ....thank you, dear!). In far more words than you needed, toss the ingredients into your blender, mix up, and pour into the Zoku. 

Blueberry Peach
  • Fresh organic blueberries
  • Fresh local peach
  • Spoonful organic whole-milk yogurt
  • Splash of organic pear nectar


Coconut Strawberry Lime
  • Fresh organic strawberries
  • 3-4 frozen organic strawberries
  • Juice of one organic lime
  • Pure Coconut milk - unsweetened in a can, not the kind in a box with added ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment