Saturday, July 27, 2013

Photo-A-Day Challenge: Day #25: Ground


Our 7th Anniversary was yesterday, July 24th. Seven years ago we were on a beach in Maui, getting hitched by a large Samoan man playing a ukulele. At that time, I didn't drink coffee. I liked "mocha" things - in high school, my dad and I frequently made after-dinner runs to Baskin Robbins for a cappuccino blast. Anyone remember those? My mom and I miss the jamoca almond fudge ice cream from there as well. Both coffee-inspired, but nothing at all like a cup of coffee. This picture of freshly ground beans, soaking in hot water in our pour-over coffee pot, represents John's ever-present influence in who I am today, one cup of coffee at a time. I'm not a daily coffee drinker and I always add milk, but I'll go without any sweetener or maybe a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. He's a good influence and I love my daily reminders of how "we" have changed "me". Happy anniversary (a day late) to my coffee-drinking partner. Thank you for keeping me grounded. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment