Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

So far, I've cleaned cat poo off the laundry room floor. Found cat vomit behind the couch, but only after the dog beat me to it. And spilled my coffee down my arm. Would I expect any less? Absolutely not - these damn animals don't know a thing about Mother's Day. But do you know who does? The two little faces who snuggled so tightly into bed this morning, beaming with pride at the cards they had prepared for me (which, by the way, I'd like to give a shout-out to the hubby for assisting the girls in making HOMEMADE cards, complete with decorative paper, punched designs, and beautifully tied ribbons). 

Here was Mother's Day 4 years ago:


Can you even believe those faces???? Four years ago, I woke up to those smiles on Mother's day and there is nothing in the world that could be a better gift. Talk about the gift that has kept on giving!!!! 

I love being a mom. I love being Abby and Elise's mom. I love being the mother of John's children. I love having a mom. I love knowing other moms. Happy Mother's Day yesterday, today, and tomorrow because, as a mom, everyday is worth celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment