Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Eating the rainbow

When they say that you're on the right track if your child is "eating the rainbow", I'd say we are well on our way:
Food is not a battle in this house. But rules were established on day one and there were no substitutions. Did we have disagreements at the dinner table with the girls? Yes. Did we win? Yes. And I'm not saying that we won at that exact moment in time, but in the long run, we won. I love that I can fix a beautiful array of fruits and veggies, chicken or fish, dip and homemade pita bread, and proudly watch as the girls work their way through each and every bite. Mealtimes easily last 45 minutes to an hour - we talk about our day, we share stories with Daddy, we laugh, we listen, and we eat. Dining with my family is one of my greatest joys, and why shouldn't it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment