Friday, October 29, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

My name is Erin, and I love cookie dough. Yes, I eat it with raw eggs. No, I've never had salmonella. No, I don't let my 2-year olds eat cookie dough with raw eggs. Yes, when they're older, I'll share this delicacy with them. :) Here's one of my fave cookie recipes, from my Bubbe:

Chocolate Chip Cookies:
  • 1 C. butter
  • 1 C. sugar
  • 1 C. brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 C. flour (I usually do 1 1/2 C. whole wheat and 1/2 C. white)
  • 2 1/2 C. oatmeal (ground up in the blender to a flour-like consistency)
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 12-24 ounces of chocolate chips, depending on your preference (I use dark chocolate)
  • These are also super tasty with nuts and/or dried fruit (especially cherries)
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes (do not over bake)

This makes a big batch of cookies, so the next time I make the full recipe, I think I'll try this little trick How to Freeze Cookie Dough, by Good Life Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment