Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Recipe #8: Oikos Yogurt Pancakes

My quest to find recipes is never-ending. It goes on... and on... and on.... (hint-hint! Please pass recipes my way that you find delish and nutrish). I love to make breakfast and the girls love to eat breakfast. Perfect. Yesterday morning, I tested out a pancake recipe from Carrots 'N' Cake. It goes something like this:

Ingredients (with my modifications in red,

as usual):

  • 1 cup Old Fashion oats
  • 6 oz. Oikos honey yogurt I used plain Oikos and added 1 1/2 T. honey
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 cup whole wheat flour instead
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp canola oil
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • Blueberries
The result was good - definitely a keeper, with the fresh blueberries sealing the deal! John is actually the pancake master in this house, but someone has to keep the troops fed during the week, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment