Enter beets. I like beets, especially the pickled ones on a Wheatfield's salad. I've never bought, prepared, or served a beet... until this week. I found the color to be awesome, the taste was of high enough quality that I look forward to making beets again, and the simplicity was a bonus.
Oven-roasted Potatoes and Beets:
- 1 large organic sweet potato
- 2-3 medium sized organic purple potatoes
- 1 medium sized organic beet
- Wash, peel, and chop everything
- Coat with olive oil; sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper
- Roast at 400° until done (I completely spaced out watching the clock... maybe 25-30 minutes?)
Today was snow day #5 (total this winter, not in a row) and it was a good day to be home. The girlies are feeling a little under-the-weather, hence no grand sledding pics from the blizzard. They requested "porgie" ("porridge") for dinner, with blueberries, and got to see the big plow go up and down our street. Surely the porgie and plow-excitement will provide for a perked-up Thursday.