Friday, February 11, 2011

An anatomically correct Frosty... and a frog-bra

I stayed home sick yesterday. I was sick, Abby's been sick, we all have cabin fever, yada...yada...yada. I had an epic dinner fail amidst the illness (my attempt at a sweet potato and kale soup intended to boost all of our immune systems simply provided a mushy boost to the garbage disposal), so the girls' veggie consumption has been consisting primarily of juiced carrots and fresh kale smoothies. What I find so incredible, is that in the middle of the nose-blowing and 3 am coughing spells, while I feel like the synapses in my brain are in neutral, Abby and Elise's little minds are just going and going and going. Here's what I learned on my sick day:
  • On a toddler, a bra makes a perfect Ergo, or as Elise coined it: "the frog-bra". Too bad she doesn't look pleased with her discovery.
  • Frosty the Snowman has a vagina. Here is Abby's narrative while drawing a snowman using the cardboard circle stencils we just found: "Momma, I make a snowman. Circle, circle, circle, two eyes, carrot nose, mouth, arms, buttons, vagina."
Thank you, A & E, for making my sick day one that I'd absolutely do over again! And, as we approach the holiday of sweets, here's a super simple treat that I made for Super Bowl Sunday. 

Chocolate Pretzels
  • Small pretzel twists ("O" shaped pretzels would be best, but I couldn't find any)
  • Dark chocolate kisses (I read some places online that Rollos are an excellent substitution)
  • Dark chocolate M & Ms
    • Preheat oven to 275°
    • Line baking sheet with parchment paper
    • Cover with pretzels; place 1 chocolate kiss on top of each pretzel
    • Bake for 2-3 minutes until chocolate softens
    • Press 1 M & M down on each kiss, pushing the chocolate down into the pretzel
    • Refrigerate for 5 minutes until set
The girls were enjoying 2 M & Ms each for dessert last night, when Elise asked "Abby, what you have?" (referring to the letter on her candy), to which Abby replied "M". Elise responded with "Oh, I got 'E'." I suppose a sideways M could be construed as an E, so yes, Elise, you got 'E' and yes, Abby, Frosty can have a vagina.

No comments:

Post a Comment