Friday, January 14, 2011

Breakfast - Easy Oats and Yogurt

Breakfast, breakfast, breakfast. Like it. Love it. Gotta have it. My new favorite fix-n-go breakfast is so easy, so filling, and so full of possibilities! Here's what it might look like:

Yogurt'n'Oats

  • 1/2 Cup-ish of organic yogurt
  • 1/4 - 1/2 C organic regular oats
  • Flaxseeds
  • Spoonful of organic peanut butter
  • Organic raisins
  • Drizzle of local honey
This one had some frozen organic blueberries, too!
Seriously, I cannot rave enough about this bowl of yum-o. Yes, I am typically running late in the morning. I do the best I can, but when a little voice says "I need Momma", who wouldn't snuggle in a bit longer with a toasty warm toddler? I can toss this or that or those into a bowl, snap a lid on it, and by the time I get to work, the oats have softened perfectly and all is well. I do recommend Wallaby Organic yogurt - it's quite a bit runnier than some other brands, but the extra liquid is a perfect match for the uncooked oats. I haven't tried making it the night before but am thinking that might eliminate one more step from the morning craze.

As long as I have your ear... how about a few A & E snippets???
  • As we're walking through the store passing valentine shirts and frilly tutus, Abby says "Gran, you think this cute?" and "So cute!" (to herself) and "Momma, you think this cute?"
  • While riding in the car and trying to read Frosty the Snowman aloud (for the 675th time this winter), Elise says to Abby "Shhhhh... Abby, be quiet. I busy trying to read".
  • Elise spelling her name: "E-L-S-E"
  • Abby spelling her name: "A-B-B-B-B-B-Y"
  • After being told that we'd drive somewhere and see cows, the trip from Olathe to Lawrence went something like this: "I WANT SEE COWS!"... "I WANT SEE COWS!"... "I WANT SEE COWS!"
  • And after detouring off the highway in search of a cow, which was found, Abby says "I like big brown daddy cow eating hay" and Elise says "I want see more cows!"
And who doesn't love a good ol' self-portrait? Ahhhh... snow days. How I love you...

No comments:

Post a Comment