- The washer/dryer runs only first thing in the morning and again after sunset - one load per day, in the wash at sun-up and in the dryer at sun-down
- The oven goes into daytime hibernation as well. This has big implications for mealtimes but it also limits my baking, which is somewhat sad for me. I'm hoping to come up with some new ideas for dinners that don't require a "preheat to X-degrees". Over the weekend, we had egg-salad sandwiches:
- Egg Salad Sandwich
- 5 hardboiled local eggs
- 1/4 C (or so) miracle whip
- Few squirts of organic yellow mustard
- Toasted whole wheat bread
- Chopped organic onion and peppers
- Organic baby spinach
- Outdoor time continues to be required EVERYDAY. We accomplish this either with an early-morning walk or bike-ride OR with water. It doesn't take much H2O to make a summer afternoon enjoyable.
|(It also doesn't take much to make a summer afternoon |
enjoyable when these two are involved!)
Welcome to Summer Mode 2012.