Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"Feed me, Seymour!"

My children like love live-for food. The apples certainly don't fall far from the tree, right? Here's my pondering today: when a child is hungry - really hungry - possibly from a growth spurt or simply from the activity of a busy life, can you feed them TOO much GOOD food? We headed out first thing this morning on a bike ride (side note: if you have small children, buy them balance bikes. I have to run to keep up at times and the concept of "balance" is clearly being mastered). When we got home from our outing, it was time for breakfast, which included:
  • 4 scrambled local eggs
  • 1 Cup-ish organic fresh blueberries
  • 1 organic avocado
  • 1/4 Cup-ish (per child) organic Greek yogurt, topped with an organic kiwi, a drizzle of local honey, and organic ground flaxseeds
  • 1 glass (per child) organic 2% milk

How do you like those food pictures? Empty glass, empty bowl, empty avocado, empty plate. Full bellies? At least for an hour half an hour. :) But seriously - can I give them too much when it involves fresh, unprocessed foods? They are growing at exponential rates! Have I mentioned lately how LONG and LEAN my children have become? I have NEVER been described as long and lean. Ever. Keep eating, sweet girls, keep eating - you're going to tower over me in no time.


No comments:

Post a Comment