Thursday, June 2, 2011

Banana Carrot Muffins

It was a muffin morning here yesterday! We needed something wholesome and delicious... and we had bananas in need of mashing (which A & E took care of perfectly - give those gals each a fork, a plate, and a squishy, ripe banana and wham!). 
I turned to my trusty laptop and flipped through a few of my go-to websites and I found this Banana Bread Recipe on Simply Recipes. I initially wasn't sure about the simplicity of it and worried it might be lacking in something. But as I read the recipe reviews, I had to give it a whirl! Here's the recipe, with my modifications in red:

Banana Carrot Muffins

adapted from Simply Recipes
  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed 2 ripe organic bananas, smashed
  • 1 C finely grated organic carrots
  • 1/4 C melted butter 1/4 C organic unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 C sugar 1/4 C organic cane sugar + 1/4 C organic sorghum syrup
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 C flour 1 1/4 C organic whole wheat flour + 1/4 C wheat germ
  • Organic raisins
  • Chopped organic pecans
    • Combine bananas, butter, sugar, sorghum, egg, vanilla, carrot
    • Sprinkle baking soda and salt over wet mixture
    • Stir in flour
    • Add raisins and pecans
    • Bake at 350° for 20 minutes
These were some of our best muffins yet! The recipe made a dozen - and there are none left. I bought more bananas at the store last night... I hope they ripen quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment