Popsicles. The girls have loved popsicles since they were roly-poly, diaper-wearing, doodles. And nothing says "Summer is here!" like a fruity, cold treat running down their cheeks. :) I found this recipe for homemade Strawberry-Ricotta popsicles from one of my favorite blogs and it is a must. We made them yesterday - definite success!
courtesy of My Baking Addiction
- 1/2 pint organic strawberries; stems cut off
- 1 C whole milk organic ricotta
- 1/8th C organic pure cane sugar
- 2 T organic local honey
- Puree strawberries in blender
- Add ricotta, sugar, honey
- Freeze - We don't have a popsicle mold, so we went the dixie cup route and instead of big long popsicle sticks, I bought wooden spoons at Michaels (they sell them with the popsicle sticks, but they are shorter and wider); Make sure you use the plastic dixie cups or the wax-coated ones, fill 2/3 full, cover with foil, and insert stick.
The girls have been in a rather high-energy state lately. They are here, there, and everywhere. Which, while it can lend itself to a total depletion of parental patience, it also lends itself to some very funny moments. Here are two worth sharing:
- While looking outside the window bird-watching:
- Elise: "Momma, those mourning doves?
- Me: "They sure are mourning doves."
- Elise: "Why there no night-night doves?"
- To Gran, after seeing the cat, Sam, drinking water out of the running bathroom faucet:
- Abby, looking somewhat perplexed: "Gran, how Sam turn the water on?"
Tomorrow at 3:00 pm marks the start of summer vacation. Can you say "WAHOOOOOOO!"