Saturday, July 17, 2010

Recipe #3: Blackberry Cobbler


The blackberry harvest turned into blackberry cobbler. For breakfast! Yes, as I sit here adding to a blog about good health, I baked cobbler for the girls and myself for breakfast yesterday morning! I believe in being healthy, but I also realize that we only have one go with this life - so make it a good one!

I found the original recipe on Allrecipes, but my modifications are shown in red :


  • 4 tablespoons butter 3 T. butter
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup old fashioned oats; 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup white sugar; 1/4 cup brown sugar; 2 T. agave nectar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups of sliced fresh peaches or nectarines, or whole blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries or a combination of fruits (or a 12-ounce package of frozen berries)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar

I have a thing for whole grains - whole wheat flour, oatmeal, wheat germ. You can substitute these in almost any recipe and the proportions just depend on what you're baking. My recipe modifications, in my opinion, made cobbler perfectly suitable for breakfast... and the girls would agree!

1 comment:

  1. I baked this up last night with blackberries and blueberries. Hello, yum. This one is going in my recipe folder!

    ReplyDelete