Monday, January 19, 2015

Happy New Year!

As I sit here and attempt to sum up December, I'm realizing that it may very well have been one of our busiest months. Ever. While the girls and I wrapped up our first semester of school, John wrapped up his final weeks at KU. We celebrated Hanukkah and Christmas and New Years. Anna turned 7 months, started signing, and grew some teeth. We bought a new car. We were together A LOT. :) And it's no secret around here that the return of a routine in January has been good for everyone. 


We welcomed 2015 with open arms. We had a wonderful holiday season - don't get me wrong - but I am raising children who crave consistency and, when life feels unpredictable or somewhat off-kilter, they react (what's that saying? "the apple doesn't fall far..."). I have to constantly remind myself of how intuitive my children are ... how influenced they are by my emotions... and how they don't miss a damn thing. 



For Abby and Elise, 2014 went like this: homeschooling kindergarten free-play all day with mom to structured, student-teacher lessons at home... first-born babies in the house to big sisters... mom available 24/7 to mom on bedrest/hospital/new-baby duty... well-rested, level-headed parents to exhausted, patience-lacking parents. These were big changes for ME. They were even bigger changes for my girls. 



Happy 2015. Change is inevitable... and while it can throw us completely off-balance, clearly it can result in amazing outcomes.


No comments:

Post a Comment