Monday, April 8, 2013

A smoothie a day...

I'm obsessed with my blender. It gets used, on average, twice a day. I have no idea what combination of this or that makes for the healthiest combination, but I do know this: we have been damn healthy. The girls have had one runny nose in the past six months - it lasted less than 48 hours each. I can't remember the last time I had a cold. Maybe it has something to do with our smoothie-a-day obsession? Not sure, but not planning to stop. Keep that blender blending.  :)

Green Smoothie-of-the-day
  • Organic baby spinach - at least 2 cups
  • 1 frozen organic banana - I buy organic bananas when the Merc has the super-ripe ones on sale. Then I peel them, cut them into big chunks, and keep them in a freezer bag in the freezer
  • 1/2 - 1 C organic frozen mango
  • 1-2 T organic ground flaxseeds
  • 1 C homemade almond milk
  • 1 T organic coconut oil - melted, but not too warm, and drizzled in while blender is running

No comments:

Post a Comment