Saturday, March 3, 2012

Super Delicious Blueberry Muffins

The quest never ends for tasty baked goods that are better for you than they're not! I love Pinterest. I love how my hairdresser phrased it: "It's as addictive as Facebook, but at least you might come away from it with some degree of productivity." That motto provides me with some sense of comfort during my times of surfing. :) But here's the proof of productivity: I found this recipe for Cinnamon Sugar muffins and decided to modify it a bit for breakfast this morning. The girls and I whipped up a batch of Blueberry Muffins and there are none left. These were great muffins... I'd better go pin them. 

Blueberry Muffins
  • 4 T. organic unsalted butter (softened)
  • 1/4 C organic sugar
  • 1/4 C pure maple syrup
  • 1 local, free range egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 C organic applesauce (no sugar added)
  • 1 1/2 C unbleached white whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 C organic 2% milk
  • 1 C organic frozen blueberries (thawed)
    • Cream butter and sugar; stir-in maple syrup, egg, vanilla, applesauce
    • Add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg
    • Stir in milk - at this point, my batter was a bit thick so I added a bit more applesauce and milk until it was more of a muffin-consistency
    • Gently fold in blueberries
    • Bake at 350° (use muffin liners or spray muffin tin) for 18 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment